80 Years Celebrated .... An Appeal For Information(February 27, 2019)
80 Years Celebrated Publication
FURTHER APPEAL FOR INFORMATION
As Quinborne celebrates its 80thAnniversary, we are compiling a book that will take the reader through the decades since the centre first started back in 1938. The contents will include:
- The difficulties and challenges faced by the centre during the Second World War (1939 – 1945).
- How services, events, courses and other activities developed from the former golf club house in the 1950s and 1960s.
- The opening of Bennett Hall in 1958.
- Demolition of the former golf club house, construction of the new centre and its launch in 1974.
- How Quinborne has continued to meet the ever-changing needs of the community to the present day.
From our earlier appeal, we had a very encouraging response from the local community in the shape of personal anecdotes and photographs for the period 1940 to 1970 for which we are most grateful, but we are lacking information for the later years especially the 1990’s and the official opening of the existing centre in 1974. Anything you may have related to the centre – however small or insignificant you may feel it is – posters, press cuttings, photographs, personal memories, any written information etc will be of interest.
All contributions will be gratefully received and fully acknowledged in the publication if you so wish. Please contact Karl Howell, Centre Manager etc ..... with any information you think may be useful. Thank you.